Zerodha charges you only 0.01% of the turnover as brokerage or a maximum of Rs. 20 per executed order. There are other charges which are explained below.
Charge Structure Explained:
- STT/CTT: This is charged only on the sell side for intraday and F&O trades. It is charged on both sides for Delivery trades in Equity.
- Transaction/Turnover Charges: Exchange Transaction Charges + Clearing Charges.
- Service Tax: This is charged at 12 % of the total cost of brokerage plus transaction charges.
- Education Cess: This is charged at 2% of the Service Tax.
- Higher Education Cess: This is charged at 1% of the Service Tax.
- SEBI Charges: This is charged at Rs 20 per crore.